Wednesday, August 21, 2013

CTTVCC: Hangover Helper

Turn to page 38. Alright everyone. Let me just start off by saying that this is a phenomenal recipe. I may have mentioned before that I have never been a big fan of mayonnaise in the past. However, it made this breakfast sandwich taste super-delicious! In fact, probably because of this very recipe, I am beginning to really like the stuff. Really. I love the way that the taste of the veganaise combines with the flavor of the cheese. It is probably one of my favorite breakfast recipes I've made so far. Breakfast is my absolute favorite meal of the day. In fact, I'd probably be perfectly content to pretty much just eat breakfast food for the rest of ever. I mean, really. I'ts all kinds of delicious.

The recipe calls for:

  • 2 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise
  • salt, pepper, and onion powder, to taste
  • 8 vegan chicken strips, thawed
  • 2 slices vegan cheese
  • 1 bagel, sliced in half
I used Follow Your Heart Original Veganaise for this recipe. I wanted to get the reduced fat stuff, but I didn't want that to maybe interfere with the flavor the first time I tried this recipe, as diet foods often do. 



I chose Beyond Meat lightly seasoned chicken-free strips because they are gluten-free and vegan. They also have one of the most convincing meat textures I've ever come across in fake meat. 


Any flavor of vegan cheese would probably work fine, and you don't have to get the pre-sliced stuff, but I chose Daiya Cheddar Slices. Admittedly, slices are a bit easier to work with.


I also have yet to find gluten-free, vegan bagels, so I again used English muffins instead. I used Food For Life brown rice English muffins, which are very yummy, just in case you were wondering. Also, one advantage of English muffins over bagels, is that you don't have food falling through the hole in the middle.


Here is what my finished sandwich looked like: 



This was super-yummy, and I will definitely be making this again. It's packed with protein and yummy veganness so I'm sure it would be great for making sure you can kick start your day with energy. It's also not the messiest thing out there, so you can eat it while you're getting ready in the morning. I seriously want another one of these RIGHT NOW. I'm sure you'll be as impressed with them as I was. This is definitely on my go-to recipes list. You know, to be honest, this would make a good power-snack, or lunch or even a light dinner. EAT IT FOR ALL THE MEALS! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment