Sunday, December 30, 2012

Vegan in a Meat World

So, on Christmas my mum didn't want to cook anything for dinner. I think that she actually just didn't want to deal with the clean-up. But who can blame her? Well anyway, not very many places are open on Christmas Day. We ended up going to T.G.I. Friday's which is one of those restaurants where I can't eat anything. The only appetizer I could have was pita wedges and hummus without the added tomatoes (just because I don't really like them,) cheese, yogurt, and whatever else it was that they put on it that wasn't vegan. It wasn't bad hummus, but I felt like I was getting WAY over-charged for it. Though I must admit, soft, grilled pita bread is amazing. The only vegan entree I could find was a black bean burger though I had to order it without all the toppings except the avocado. I have recently developed quite a liking for avocado. It also came with candied onions that are vegan, but I really don't care for onion.


I put a layer of french fries on top of the avocado and gave the rest to my sisters. The burger was really good! It was spicy enough to have a good flavor, but not too spicy. And the creaminess of the avocado helped make the burger not too spicy. I loved it! If you are ever there, I would recommend trying it. Granted, I probably wouldn't pick T.G.I. Friday's as a first choice for restaurants probably because my meal choice options are so limited, but I survived holiday meals with my family. Though, afterwards, I went out and bought myself an avocado. I want to get some spicy black bean burgers too. I've heard that Gardenburger brand spicy black bean burgers are amazing. Maybe I'll do a post later about recreating this entree.

F.Y.I. They have no vegan desserts other than their fruit cup, but that was really lame. I could have made the same thing or better from the stuff in my fridge. (Same with the appetizer honestly.)

Well, if you happen to try this veggie burger, let me know what you thought. Happy Holidays, Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment