Friday, December 28, 2012

Vegan Snickerdoodle Fail

So, normally, I have only amazing things to say about anything PETA-related. Today though, I tried the vegan snickerdoodle recipe from their Holiday Survival Guide, and I was really not impressed. At all.



 They looked amazing. They smelled amazing. They tasted like Play Dough. Well, Play Dough with cinnamon-sugar on the outside, but Play Dough nonetheless. I was so immensely disappointed by them. I remember thinking, as my sister and I were measuring ingredients, that the recipe called for a lot of salt, ( a whole teaspoon for a batch of 20 cookies!) but I followed the recipe anyway. I would like to make the recipe again, but I would only put in 1/4 teaspoon of salt next time. I'm sure that, other than that, the cookies would be fine.

I haven't tried any of the other Holiday Guide recipes, so I can't say whether or not they're any good. Maybe I'll get around to making them later.

No comments:

Post a Comment