Monday, May 20, 2013

Cooking Through The Vegan College Cookbook

Hi, everyone!

So the vast majority of feedback I've been getting about this blog is that people love the posts about food. Which makes sense, right? I mean, vegans have to eat too. So, a while back, I came up with this brilliant idea to cook through PETA's Vegan College Cookbook. After all, I'm going to be starting college in the fall. Though, based on my experience so far, the food tastes good whether or not you're in college. If you don't already have a copy, you can buy one at the PETA webstore for about $15 (plus shipping and handling,) or you can join the Peta2 Street Team, if you haven't already, and earn lots of street team points by completing a bunch of missions under the Take Action Page, many of which can be completed online by sharing images and videos, or signing petitions etc. that help improve the quality of life for animals around the world. Then, you can go to the Street Team Store and trade in some points for a copy of the Vegan College Cookbook. Easy. Just like the recipes inside.

The plan is for me to give you all my opinions, variations, tips and tricks, etc. about each recipe. That way, you might be encouraged to try a recipe that you wouldn't have otherwise, and you can be sure that your food will come out delicious every time. I will be making all of the recipes gluten-free because of my health needs, but for those who are blessed enough to be able to eat as much normal bread as they want, (people without gluten allergies,) you can make your vegan food as full of gluten as your heart, or your stomach, rather, desires.

For example, I already did a post about Breakup Pudding, which is a recipe Peta2 sends out on little recipe cards quite frequently.

Just to let everyone know, I'm not going in the same order as the cookbook. That way, I can make food for which ever meal I want during the day, and I can pick a recipe that I already have ingredients for. (That way I don't get stuck racing to the grocery store before it closes.) Also, because of the way the cookbook is set up, I can get better variety in my food. I mean, honestly, I love peanut butter, but with the Spotlight section on peanut butter, I could get sick of peanut butter foods really quickly.

Also, because I'm somewhat lazy, I'm going to be abbreviating "Cooking through the Vegan College Cookbook." I'm already getting sick of typing that whole thing out. (First-World Pains, huh?) I think I will shorten it to CTTVCC (Cooking Through the Vegan College Cookbook,) and VCC (Vegan College Cookbook.) I might actually type it out once per post, (I'm not really sure,) just so that new-comers to the blog aren't quite as confused.

Anyways, I hope that this blog series is helpful to everyone, and that you have tons of fun cooking through with me! If you've made a recipe, I'd LOVE your feedback. Especially if you use one of my alterations. Really. It would make my day. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment