Wednesday, May 22, 2013

CTTVCC: Broke-Ass Cinnamon Rolls

Open your cookbooks to page 40. This is another breakfast recipe that could be eaten anytime. Or all the time for that matter. I'm not even kidding. I made one, and then proceeded to make two more because I just couldn't get enough. These were the first cinnamon rolls I've had for as long as I can remember. There aren't many pre-made vegan cinnamon rolls that I've found, and I haven't found ANY gluten free, vegan cinnamon rolls. At all. Until these anyway, because the ingredients are so customizable.

The recipe calls for:
  • 1 slice of white bread (or 5, ya know. In case you're addicted.)
  • vegan margarine, to taste
  • cinnamon, to taste
  • sugar, to taste
I used gluten-free bread from a local bakery. Cutting off the crusts, and then smashing it flat reminded me of the good old days, way back in elementary school, when we did that to our peanut butter and jelly sandwiches in the cafeteria. Good times.

For the vegan margarine, I used original Earth Balance Vegan Buttery Spread. Then I put on a very generous amount of cinnamon, (Because I absolutely love cinnamon,) and sprinkled a bit of raw sugar on top of the cinnamon.



Once I finished microwaving it, I rolled it up, and decided I was too impatient to cut little min-cinni-rolls out of it, so I just ate it as it was. I did that with the other two as well, except for that they began to fall appart as I was rolling them, so I stacked them on top of each other, and rolled them up together. Then I decided that was much better, because it was the perfect bite size. Aren't they just adorable though?




I hope you all loved these as much as I did! This recipe is definitely an A+ in my book. You know it would probably be great for baby-sitting. and by baby, I mean toddlers or older. Because aside from accidentally getting cinnamon all over the whole kitchen if your cinnamon decides to explode, It's not that messy since it doesn't have any of that sticky sugar-paste-sause-stuff on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment