Thursday, May 23, 2013

CTTVCC: Thai Takeout (Hold the Takeout)

I apologize in advance for posting today's review so late in the day. Today's recipe is on page 78 of TVCC. This recipe was pretty tasty, though, I think you need a veggie like (frozen) broccoli or something to go with it. It was also a bit unclear with the amount of rice you need because it doesn't specify if the amount of rice measured should be cooked or uncooked. If it's supposed to be measured before cooking, I would recommend cutting the recipe in half unless you're sharing. I think it would probably work better with a cup of cooked rice, unless you were going to make a bit more of the sauce.

The recipe calls for:
  • 1 cup rice
  • 2 tablespoons peanut butter
  • 1 teaspoon soy sauce
For the rice, I used Della Basmati Brown Rice. I measured a cup of uncooked rice when I made mine.



I used PB2 powdered peanut butter because it has fewer calories and significantly less fat than normal peanut butter. All you have to do is add water to the powder to use it just like regular peanut butter.


Instead of regular soy sauce, which has gluten in it, (Why? I have no idea.) I used Bragg Liquid Aminos soy sauce. It's gluten-free and is supposed to have more protein in it than the regular stuff. It tastes just like regular soy sauce, in my opinion. I must say though, The packaging looks like it hasn't been redesigned since the 90s. Just saying.

 

Here is what the peanut butter and soy sauce looked like mixed together:


Here is the finished rice:


So, I'm not sure if this turned out like it was supposed to because of the whole not clear about the rice amounts thing. I would love it anyone who makes this recipe leaves a comment and tells me how you made it and how it turned out. Did you cook a bunch of rice and then measure out a cup of the cooked rice? Did you measure a cup of dry rice and then cook it? Really. I would love to know your opinions!

No comments:

Post a Comment