Sunday, June 16, 2013

CTTVCC: Bunny Butter Spread

Page 77 is where you'll find a little white rabbit who is terribly late for an important date, and decides he needs to snag this snack before rushing off to meet the Queen of Hearts. Okay, not really, but it is where you'll find the recipe for Bunny Butter Spread. This spread makes a delicious snack that I could eat forever. I'm glad this makes a limited amount.

The recipe calls for:

  • 1/4 cup grated carrots from the salad bar
  • 2 tablespoons chunky peanut butter
  • 1 tablespoon raisins
  • 1 tablespoon orange juice

I grated carrots from the produce section of the grocery store, because as school is out, I have no salad bars at my disposal. 

I used Jif Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter


Alright. It's confession time. I hate raisins. I tolerate them in my gluten-free cinnamon raisin bread, but I don't go out of my way to put them in food. However, I love craisins (dried cranberries.) I used  Ocean Spray Original Craisins instead of raisins, and you know what? It tasted way better that way. I think the craisins added a much better pop of flavor than boring old raisins ever could. 


Then I used store-brand orange juice. Hurray. Cheap.

Here is my finished spread:


The recipe suggested eating the spread on crackers. I haven't bought any gluten-free, vegan crackers lately, so I ate this with little tortilla rounds. They were perfectly bite-sized, and the slight amount of salt on the chips added a nice flavor to the spread. I will definitely be making this for future parties. If you're going to make this for a party, I suggest doubling or tripling the recipe, or maybe even quadrupling? It's really good, and you'll have to watch it to make sure that the one friend that everyone has who only comes to parties to eat all your food doesn't hog the whole thing. It's such a delicious recipe, I really don't blame the kid for wanting to eat it all. I know I probably could. I hope you all loved this! If you've tried the recipe with raisins and craisins, I'm curious to know which you liked better! Leave me a comment, and tell me about yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment